Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Edelbrock 2102 cam timing in 350
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2012, 04:28 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlb3 View Post
I have a new edelbrock 2102 cam/lifters set to go in a 91 c1500 350 tbi block. in the instructions it says "INSTALLATION NOTES: Use Performer-Link Timing Chain and Gear Set, #7800. Do not use late model timing sets. They are machined in a retarded position and are not recommended for this camshaft installation. Edelbrock Performer-Link True Rolling Timing Sets feature three keyways for specific timing selection. Always use the or straightup timing mark when installing Performer-Plus camshafts with Performer-Link Timing Sets." I already have a new cloyes timing set. If i set the dots on the gears straight up and down with each other will the timing be correct? If not can someone tell me where to set the gears at? Thanks
They are saying not to use the stock timing chain because it is retarded and is not adjustable.

The cloyes chain that you have will work fine. Install in the "straight up" position (no advance and no retard). Read the timing chain instructions, as there should be 3 different positions. Make sure you use the correct keyway for the crank gear for the straight up position.