Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - edelbrock 750 on 350 having hesitation
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2012, 03:14 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

edelbrock 750 on 350 having hesitation

hi everyone i have 91 chevy tbi engine that i switched to carb and its in a 91 silverado. I had the motor rebuilt a few years ago it was bored .060 over due the rod bearing overlaping, the cam has .488 lift, it also has electric water pump and fans, edelbrock shorty headers, edelbrock torker intake, edelbrock 1407 750 with spacer, and a holley regulator set at about 5-5.5 psi. also an accel coil in cap hei with msd wires. once i first got it running it wouldnt rev past 2500-3000 rpms got that fixed by changing module in dist. i took down the road and to town a few times and by normal driving i guess you could say light throttle it would be hesitate or bog down not sure but if you stomp on it wouldnt be as bad and it will also rev fine in park well i fixed most of the problem by relizing the choke wasnt all the way open "about half way" lol new to carb. also when i had the revving up problem i thought the carb was to big and was getting to much gas so i took out the .113 prim and .107 secs and put in .101 and .95 and that was all i changed and i still have them in there, but im still having the hesitation or bog cant really tell and it does it the most right when im creeping up around 2000 rpms. it smells like it could be running rich and theres also a little wetness around the pump at the top of the carb. one other thing my wife was behind me one day when i got on it and she said it had llke this burnt smell but no smoke came out. any help would be greatly appreciated.