Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - edelbrock 750 on 350 having hesitation
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2012, 02:21 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

ok well i havent changed the jets b/c i decided to take a couple spark plugs out to look at them (1 n 7) both were pretty wet and black so im guessing the bog was from too much gas so i moved the linkage to bottom hole on the pump , furthest away from the carb and i also tried to adjust the idle screws to see if it would help with the richness at idle and still not sure if there set right bc the engine sounds diff at idle doesnt lope as much at idle but at the same time i think some of the richness went away. after doing all that i took it down the road and most of the bog was gone so i was wondering if the linkage was the problem so i moved it back to the middle and immediately i could feel the bog or cut back around 2000 mark so i moved the linkage back to bottom and it mostly went away. does any one know how to correctly adjust the idle mixture screws, ive watched an edelbrock video about doing but dont know how much to tighten down to drop the idle. also ive dropped the psi to 5.5 it was set at 6 psi. are the spark plugs suppose to have some wetness or are they suppose to be completely dry if so should i take them out to dry them or will it burn the excess gas. i may switch the intake when i get some diff heads but the single plane intakes looks so good lol. also i think my pump only has 13 to 14 psi the vortec engines has 50 to 60 psi for tbi not sure though. one other thing i have open spacer not a 4 hole between carb and intake should i keep it on or take it off. thanks for all the help