Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - edelbrock 750 on 350 having hesitation
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2012, 11:41 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

i finally found the problem, well i purchased the spring kit and installed the yellow spring and it made it worse, although it was shorter than the one i pulled out it was also stiffer. so i tried the blue springs even worse. it was just popping and bogging down starting at around 2000 rpms. the next day i pulled all the spark plugs out a about half were a tan color and a couple plugs were two tone white on side and tan on the other. so i figured it wasnt getting enough gas, but it didnt make since because it seem to run better on the lowest hole on the accel pump even though it was still popping and bogging down. so today i pulled the top of the carb off to make sure the jets werent clogged and i got to looking at the jet holes and the size of the rod through each jet, the .101 with the rod through it didnt look very big. so i switch the jets around. i took the .095 out of the secs and put the .101 in place and put .107 in the prims. and checked the floats and then i put everything back together. i also put my stock springs back in which where identical to the orange springs (mine were plain, guess they lost their color). well i cranked it and it ran even worse come to find out i mixed up the #6 and #8 wires when i checked the plugs, switched them back and fired it up and it ran like brand new lol, took it down the road with out any popping and bogging, but it did have a little hesistation when i stepped on it so i moved the linkage to the middle hole and that fixed that. so now its running 100 times better and im guessing the rod was to big for the .101 jets. im still gonna check the vac advance and get the timing set correctly. thanks everyone for all the help.