edelbrock air gap rpm intake problem - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2011, 01:45 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

edelbrock air gap rpm intake problem

i need some pics i cant get any brackets for the gas ang passing gear cabels that will work with my carb....... the problem is i have tha air gap rpm intake plus a 2'' adapter then a 750 holly dominator carb and the ones ive seen and tried are too low i have no idea wich brackets are the ones to use help anyone ...thanks by the way i have it on a 454 bbc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2011, 03:33 AM
Born To Be Mild

Last photo:

Itīs not the intakeīs fault, I now have an Airgap with a SpeedDemon on a two inch spacer and use this style of bracket.
Go HERE and search out the bracket for you, remember youīll need the detent cable fixture as well.
Plus longer carb bolts or better studs.

Larger image.
Old 01-02-2011, 04:48 AM
done learning, done living

Last photo:

Just to clear things up, its not a "passing gear" cable, it is a throttle valve cable, and it operates through the entire throttle range. And if the cable is not installed and adjusted correctly then improper function and/or damage to the transmission will be the result.

There is also a spell check two clicks over from the submit reply button. It is easier to read a post and understand what is being said if things are spelled correctly. JMO
Old 01-02-2011, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crussell85
Just to clear things up, its not a "passing gear" cable, it is a throttle valve cable, and it operates through the entire throttle range. And if the cable is not installed and adjusted correctly then improper function and/or damage to the transmission will be the result.

There is also a spell check two clicks over from the submit reply button. It is easier to read a post and understand what is being said if things are spelled correctly. JMO
sorry bro for not knowing the correct name for the cable malc shure did know what i was talking about maybe you should learn how to read and understand a bit betterand if your not gana help on this problem i have then just keep your opinions to yourself noyhing personal jmo by the way thanks malc that was EXACTLY ehat i was talking about... nuff said...
Old 01-02-2011, 02:14 PM
done learning, done living

Last photo:

I knew what cable you were talking about also, I have talked to people before that say they don't care if the cable is adjusted properly because they just putt along and hardly ever pass someone. And when you called it a passing gear cable I just wanted to make sure you understood the function of the cable. Is it that hard to use the spell check? It is there for a reason, I was just trying to give you some pointer for getting good responses.
Old 01-02-2011, 08:15 PM

alright crussell85 thanks for your help
Old 01-02-2011, 10:27 PM

does anyone have a similiar setup or anymore ideas
Old 01-03-2011, 12:15 AM

Last photo:

unless he has a 700r4, or a 200-4r, that's not a TV cable.

what's odd if he isn't running overdrive that he has the cable. most people run a TH400 behind a big block (no kick down cable)

a Th350 will happily live w/o it's kickdown cable connected.

why don't you use the correct brackets from holley?

This is the setup i use on my holley. This is my old 600 single feed carb (only closeup I have) but I use the same setup on my standard 4150 dual feed carb too. it's a holley brand bracket, that holds both my throttle and TV Cables (I Do have a 700r4 overdrive) since it bolts down underneath the nut that holds the carb on, my spacer doesn't affect it.

http://home.comcast.net/~kc8oye/Engi...leanerbase.jpg

edit: holycrap that's a big file.. I better just link to it

when i had my TH350 trans, I used a factory bracket, but used two 1" tall brass spacers and longer bolts to compensate for the 1" spacer i had to use.
the bracket bolted down to the back two intake bolts on the driver's side of my small block.

just incase you are interested, this is a shot of the setup with my new 650 dual feed, and not using that goofy BowTie Overdrives TV correction kit for holleys, but using Holley's own bracket instead. it's not that much of a close up, but if you look close you can see whats going on

http://home.comcast.net/~kc8oye/Engine/DSC02406.JPG
Old 01-03-2011, 03:33 AM
Born To Be Mild

Last photo:

The other possibility is this from Trans-Dapt but you need extra gaskets and isīnt removeable without lifting the carb.
Old 01-03-2011, 11:51 AM

i have a th350 why would i not need the kickdown cable ..just wondering..
Old 01-03-2011, 02:11 PM

Last photo:

well, it's not that you "Don't need" it.. it's that you dont' "HAVE" to connect it like you would a transmission that has a T.V cable (like a 700r4 or a 200-4r)

that cable tells the TH350 to delay full throttle upshifts, and tells it down shift when you shove your foot into the throttle.. w/o the trans just won't downshift on it's own and might upshift a tad early if you don't use an adjustable modulator.

I was just pointing out that the poster made an incorrect assumption about that cable. not all transmissions _HAVE_ to have that cable. not hooking a TV cable up will burn a transmission out in a few miles. not hooking up a kickdown cable is at worse an annoyance.I drove my TH350 for almost a year w/o that hooked up because the qjet I bought on ebay was from an stick shift car and didn't have the extra arm for the kickdown stud.

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.