Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Edelbrock carb: Metering rods & jetting appropriately for altitude
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2009, 05:55 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbmechanic
Awesome. I just got my truck running. I don't remember if I said before, it is a SBC in a 99 silverado.
Anyway, I'm not real happy with the way I'm running the fuel and kinda curious what you did with the fuel supply. Did you regulate the fuel pressure using the factory fuel pump or did you go for something else?
I couldn't get the fuel pump to stay on even though it reads oil pressure (something I read would keep it on) so I bypassed it with a key-on hot wire. Now of course the fuel level sensor isn't reading anything and the computer is whining at me as if the engine isn't on. I didn't keep the crank sensor like you did though so maybe our setups aren't that similar.

Any help is very appreciated!

By the way, that sbc sounds bad ***! lol
The reason why your fuel pump will not turn on past the initial pulse is because the PCM needs to see that crank position sensor.

I ended up pulling the in tank pump, using a piece of 3/8" straight tubing in the factory sending unit and than mounting a 72gph@5.75 PSI pump on the frame wiring into the trucks factory fuel pump wires.