Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - edelbrock carb. still too rich!
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2003, 01:51 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

edelbrock carb. still too rich!

I've asked many ones and tried many things but my edelbrock 1405 still runs too rich! I didn't have a fuel pressure regulator before and recently installed one and that did fix a problem of engine running on after having shut it down....I guess the electric fuel pump was exceeding the 6 pounds and that was responsible.

I was hoping to see the mixture leaning down from the same pressure correction but that did not change one bit: the O2 sensor reads too rich and the black sooth on the exhaust shows it!

I had lean it down somewhat (stage one lean) by replacing jet and rods but not enough. When I try the stage two lean as edelbrock recommendation well then my O2 sensor goes all erratic from too lean too too rich looks like there is no mid-way....anybody can think of something to try ??Suggestions?? Edelbrock answered me to check the pressure not to exceed 6 pounds but here it's done and still the same problem..

Thanks, Ronald.

That is a 383 stroker,10.25 compression,268 comp cam, brodix street heads,headers,...would be so sweet without that stinky/messy sooth!