Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - edelbrock carb. still too rich!
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2003, 03:35 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Double Vision,

Floats check-in= o.k.,trash?...less than 800 miles on the carb and with" out of the box" or step one lean runs rich but at least the O2 sensor shows steady "too rich" lectures then. MSD electronic dist. with mechanical advance,total of 36 I think and initial set at 10 BTC....

Now that pressure regulator....brand new 13205 from aeromotive....this reg. is sold as a 5 to 12 pounds one. My fuel gauge,wich could be faulty shows 9 pounds...and this with the fuel regulator adjustement nut backed-of so it even doesn't exert any pressure on the spring. The same regulator solved my problem of dieselling I had everytime I would shutt the engine off BEFORE the regulator installation so this shows me that some pressure reduction has been accomplished. The pump is an electric one that is supposed to put out 7 pounds according the ex-owner...The Autometer fuel gauge seems new and I have one spare so I'll check the pressure issue...Gee I wish that's all I have a faulty fuel regulator!

The engine,for undetermined reasons yet, consume oil at the rate of about 1/2 quart for 700 miles...could this influence the fuel mixture and the O2 sensor readings?

thanks. Ronald.