Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - edelbrock carb. still too rich!
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2003, 02:55 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks Centerline,

The motor was rebuilt but the heads were not redone. I just had a three hours session in it and took a compression test to see if there was something obvious there and with even 205-210 pounds square inch on all cyl.it seems the cylinders are thight. The engine has 10.25 compression ratio.

I've checked more closely the blue smoke and it does puff blue mainly at starting and under decelaration....would this limits the possible damage to the seals only?? Under rapid acceleration it doesn't seem to puff blue .

More I advance in my research I tend to blame the presence of oil into the mixture to be responsible for the too rich situation. While I understand the PCV is good to the engine I keep suspecting it for sucking oil in. I've pulled out the Billet breather with the PCV incorporated to it and there was oil at the base of the PCV and I could see oil on top of the baffles inside the cover...normal is it? For whatever reason the vacuum is high: (there is a vacuum gauge inside and at cruising rpms 2800 it's around 20 and idling it's closer to 23-24..again is this standard or really high and can I blame it to suck-in so much oil as about 350 miles=1/2 quart??

A mechanical pump cannot be installed the v-8 is too thight into the TVR frame!

I'll try to run for a while without the PCV connected and see if that change anything..but I'm not expecting miracle there!

To get the heads off the engine has to come out so I guess if it comes down to the evidence of the heads to blame well I'll wait few months when we'll be in the snow again...

Again thatnk you for your ideas I appreciate.
Ronald.