Hot Rod Forum banner

Edelbrock carbs

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  roys63 
#1 ·
I’m new to this BB and after reading the answers to the problems posted here I think I will find the answer to my problem also. Having said that, here we go. My setup is a
Chevy 383 stroker, forged crank, rods and 8:55 pistons (decked block). Crane roller cam
intake lift 525, exhaust 545, duration 286/294, roller lifters and rockers (Craines recommendation). Weiand 6:71 blower @ 9 lbs. and 2 Edelbrocks #1405 600 cfm carbs with mechanical secondary. The problem is, if you haven’t already guessed, the carbs.
During transition from primary to secondary the engine sneezes every time (street or strip) except off the line. If I matt it at a slow rate the engine noses over in the middle and then goes like hell. I have tried every profile from fat to very fat knowing in the back of my mind the problem is the air doors. Did I mention this is my first engine.
With out spending more cash for the right carbs (Holly’s?) at this time is there a fix for the Edelbrocks? If not, what carbs should I be looking at? The car is driven 95% on the street at this time.

Thanks
Barry

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.