Edelbrock carburetor kickdown cable - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Transmission - Rearend
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2009, 07:20 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

Edelbrock carburetor kickdown cable

so i have a 1979 El Camino with a 305 with a Edelbrock intake and about a 4 day old Edelbrock 600cfm electric choke carburetor part number 1406. Now it all hooked up fine and runs like it was a new car how ever I can't for the life of me figure out how the detent cable ( kickdown cable) hooks up to the new carb. its like its two short, i did alot of googling on the subject to little or no avail. what i did find is the new carb changed the geometry or something to that affect. what i would like to know is have any of you put a edelbrock 600cfm on a small block chevy with a turbo 350 if so could post a pic of the bracket you made or explain it to me how you adapted it to the carb that would be a big help.

im sure some is going tell me I don't need the cable that I could drive my car with out it with no problem and its probably true, how ever ive grown to like my passing gear or w/e its called. thanks in advance for any one who can help me. if this is in the wrong section im sorry this seemed like the most appropriate section

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2009, 11:58 AM

Last wiki edit: How to title a hot rod Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

Did you do a serch on this site because I think it has been discussed before and may even be pictures.
I'm not sure about edlelbrock but as you push down on the accelerator it pulls the throttle in one direction and should at the same time pull the detant cable in the other direction. I made a bracket for my rochester and bought a new cable and cut to fit. You nmay e able to gain some length on your cable by making it more of a straighter line to the link if poissible.
Old 02-15-2009, 12:21 PM

i did do a search buti just couldent find it, i think i found one thread but w/e service the person used to upload no longer had the pics. any how thanks for the help mani went to a parts house and they had a cable but it was the same lenth as mine and i honestley have no idea how to take two cables and make one longer ). if it involves sodering i would have no way of doing it .
Old 02-15-2009, 12:27 PM

You can get a new cable on e-bay. You can also go to the hardware store and get the same diameter cable by the foot and get some crimp connectors or squeeze connectors to lengthen the cable you have.
I got the one pn e-bay and comes with nice connectors that are able to mconn. to any configuration.
Old 02-15-2009, 12:54 PM

wow i never thought of that. thanks a ton man you have no idea how much u helped me ).
Old 02-15-2009, 02:07 PM

Not a problem, we all learn as we go. Can't wait to get back to KY. Passed thru a couple years ago and still need to see Louiville and Ft. Knox.
Old 02-15-2009, 09:49 PM

i can pretty much walk to Knox )
Old 02-16-2009, 10:25 AM

problem fixed i made a lil bracket for it to hook up. thanks for
yalls help

Recent Transmission - Rearend posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.