Hot Rod Forum banner

edelbrock performer

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  techinspector1 
#1 ·
hello, i have a edelbrock performer manifold on a 305 sbc,, my question is there is only 1 vacuum port on the back of the manifold,can i use a tee fitting to run the vacuum line from the brake booster and the vacuum line coming from the tranny whichs comes from the modulator vavle at the same , anyone have any input on this,,,,

#2 ·
When presented with such a thing, I try to figure out if there is any situation where you would need both items that are both feeding off the same source. Is there a possibility that you would be applying the brakes and shifting the transmission at the same time? If you can't see such a scenario, then it should be ok to run both lines off the same source.

Now that I've wasted all that time, just toddle on down to the nearest auto wrecking facility and look under the hoods of some of the derelicts for a vacuum tree. It screws into the intake manifold and has several outlets made onto it for running many different vacuum-operated accessories. Use black rubber caps to seal the ones you don't use.

#5 ·
When presented with such a thing, I try to figure out if there is any situation where you would need both items that are both feeding off the same source. Is there a possibility that you would be applying the brakes and shifting the transmission at the same time? If you can't see such a scenario, then it should be ok to run both lines off the same source.

QUOTE]

If the two are on the same tree, they effect one another enough to disrupt function? If the vacuum source common why would it matter, if on the same tree or two separate ports?

separate idea,

Can t the cruise control accumulator and booster end up feeding the vacuum signal if on the same vacuum circuit?

#6 ·
hello all,
i guess i should have given more info,,what i have is a 1985 2 wheel drive s-10 blazer with a 305 /350c tranny in it, the motor that was in it is also a 305 very tired that is ,both motors are from a 79 monte carlo,i do not have cruise control on the blazer what so ever,,,,i think i have it figured out , im going to use the vacuum port on the back right side of the carb for the tranny line/modulator vavle and use the only vacuum port on the intake for the brake booster,,, and i will see how it goes,,,,,,,very ,much appreciate all the comments and help,,,,,,,,,,,,hotrodders.com is a great site for info ,thanks again:welcome:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.