edelbrock performer - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2013, 10:24 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

edelbrock performer

hello, i have a edelbrock performer manifold on a 305 sbc,, my question is there is only 1 vacuum port on the back of the manifold,can i use a tee fitting to run the vacuum line from the brake booster and the vacuum line coming from the tranny whichs comes from the modulator vavle at the same , anyone have any input on this,,,,

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2013, 11:27 PM
Senior Curmudgeon

Last wiki edit: DynoSim combinations Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 326

Quote:
Originally Posted by badjeebus View Post
hello, i have a edelbrock performer manifold on a 305 sbc,, my question is there is only 1 vacuum port on the back of the manifold,can i use a tee fitting to run the vacuum line from the brake booster and the vacuum line coming from the tranny whichs comes from the modulator vavle at the same , anyone have any input on this,,,,
When presented with such a thing, I try to figure out if there is any situation where you would need both items that are both feeding off the same source. Is there a possibility that you would be applying the brakes and shifting the transmission at the same time? If you can't see such a scenario, then it should be ok to run both lines off the same source.

Now that I've wasted all that time, just toddle on down to the nearest auto wrecking facility and look under the hoods of some of the derelicts for a vacuum tree. It screws into the intake manifold and has several outlets made onto it for running many different vacuum-operated accessories. Use black rubber caps to seal the ones you don't use.
Old 05-10-2013, 07:23 AM

Do you have any ports on the carb base?
Old 05-10-2013, 09:23 AM

edelbrock performer

hey 33willys
i just looked at the carb,its a holley,there is a vacuum port on the right rear just under the choke diaprahm assembly, so i will run the line from the tranny to there,,,,,,,,,thanks again all
Old 05-10-2013, 10:45 AM
Head like a Deathstar

Last journal entry: This makes a huge difference
Last photo:

[QUOTE=techinspector1;1674480]When presented with such a thing, I try to figure out if there is any situation where you would need both items that are both feeding off the same source. Is there a possibility that you would be applying the brakes and shifting the transmission at the same time? If you can't see such a scenario, then it should be ok to run both lines off the same source.

QUOTE]

If the two are on the same tree, they effect one another enough to disrupt function? If the vacuum source common why would it matter, if on the same tree or two separate ports?

separate idea,

Can t the cruise control accumulator and booster end up feeding the vacuum signal if on the same vacuum circuit?
Old 05-10-2013, 12:57 PM

edelbrock performer

hello all,
i guess i should have given more info,,what i have is a 1985 2 wheel drive s-10 blazer with a 305 /350c tranny in it, the motor that was in it is also a 305 very tired that is ,both motors are from a 79 monte carlo,i do not have cruise control on the blazer what so ever,,,,i think i have it figured out , im going to use the vacuum port on the back right side of the carb for the tranny line/modulator vavle and use the only vacuum port on the intake for the brake booster,,, and i will see how it goes,,,,,,,very ,much appreciate all the comments and help,,,,,,,,,,,,hotrodders.com is a great site for info ,thanks again
Old 05-10-2013, 02:02 PM
Senior Curmudgeon

Last wiki edit: DynoSim combinations Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 326

Quote:
Originally Posted by badjeebus View Post
hello all,
i guess i should have given more info,,what i have is a 1985 2 wheel drive s-10 blazer with a 305 /350c tranny in it, the motor that was in it is also a 305 very tired that is ,both motors are from a 79 monte carlo,i do not have cruise control on the blazer what so ever,,,,i think i have it figured out , im going to use the vacuum port on the back right side of the carb for the tranny line/modulator vavle and use the only vacuum port on the intake for the brake booster,,, and i will see how it goes,,,,,,,very ,much appreciate all the comments and help,,,,,,,,,,,,hotrodders.com is a great site for info ,thanks again
That will work just fine.

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.