Hot Rod Forum banner

Edelbrock performer or edelbrock thunder avs?

6K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  sqzbox 
#1 ·
Helly guys I was wondering if anyone has used an edelbrock thunder avs carb by chance and previously use a edelbrock performer carb?

I already have a Edelbrock performer carb for my 350 chevy engine and am debating on whether on getting a brand new edelbrock thunder avs 650 to replace the edelbrock 750 wich I currently have on my engine but its a little worn out on the throttle shaft's and they don't close all the way like they should and I have brand new double return springs on it.

The 800 is too big and don't really need anything over 650 cfm since this is only a mild 375- 390 hp street motor.

I also have an almost brand new 600 performer carb and a calibration kit for it but I don't know if the avs thunder carb would be better or not for throttle response and the adjustability of the secondary air valve would it tune better or not.
Thanks
Eric

#2 ·
I would go with the 650 over the 600. #1: the 600 perf. has velocity controled secondaries (non adjustible) #2: It's easier to adj the secondary's'
on the 650. The calibration kit would involve many passes at the drag strip to get it right on the 600 and the CFM is too small for your application (hp).
The 650 thunder should work good right out of the box.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.