Edelbrock RPM Heads, SBC - Page 2 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2011, 08:38 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks for the comments.
The wife and I plan to do the Hot Rod Power tour this year...long haul. I hope we make it without incedent.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2011, 09:43 AM
bentwings

Last photo:

I have RPM 70 cc heads on my car. I drove it about 1500 miles before the blower and they worked great. 12,000 with the blower so far, same gaskets , same plugs. I do use head studs which require engine removal to service the heads. My choice however. Mine were new but purchased at a very long deal.

There should be a number on the front of the heads. From this you can go to the Edlebrock site and find what cc they are.

With an Edlebrock RPM cam and roller rockers you are limited to about 6500 rpm and about .560 lift. More than enough for the street. The RPM cam needs a 3000 converter to be really easy to drive. I tried it with a 2000 converter and it was possible but not real easy.

They are very street worthy and limited race use. They seem to buy some leeway as far as gas octane.

There are at least 6 users of these in the groups I travel with and nobody has had any problems at all with them.

Be sure to use the correct gasket. Check the Edlebrock site.

BTW the matching RPM manifold is an excellent choice for the street. I have an Air Gap that I originally used. It worked really well but it's not the best choice for Minn weather. The standard RPM manifold will make the same hp with in a couple and be much more drivable when it is cool with the heat riser port.

I also used a Holley 3310-3 carb. It took all of the tuning aids to get it where I wanted it but it worked very well. Even got pretty good mileage. Funny thing is that the exact same motor with the 6-71 blower and 2 750 dp actually gets at least as good mileage.
Old 03-06-2011, 02:31 PM
1.21 giga-watts???!!!!

Sweet Vette. My guess is you'll pick up 30-40 HP over your stock heads. And at half price? I 'm jealous.
Old 03-06-2011, 04:55 PM

Last photo:

Well I got the heads. They are "brindled"? One also has a steel insert in one plug hole installed from the combustion chamber side. Not what I was expecting. The machine shop says the plug insert looks ok and he can mill the head gasket marks out. He would recommend at least "cc"ing them after the mill just to know you end up with. He would also recommended a tear down, as you all did, and check it out. I need to call the seller. I'm not sure if I want them in this condition. Not what I expected for "less than 200 miles".

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.