Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Edelbrock RPM versus Air Gap RPM
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 03:08 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddalin View Post
Can't agree with this and neither CarCraft Magazine through their dyno testing.

Carbs continue to make more power than port injection. This is because the fuel is introduced further upstream. The fuel then pulls the heat out of the air as it vaporizes in the manifold and this results in a cooler, denser mixture and more power.
Yeah well running an engine in a Los Angeles dyno room ain't the same as getting groceries on a December day in Minneapolis.

Stick around we'll make you smarter than Car-Craft can imagine, we’re just here to increase your knowledge base without the prejudice of trying to sell you something.

In the mean time re-read what I wrote, I didn't dispute the colder yields more power, I just put in the real world provisios that you gotta live with when you do this to a daily driver. Provisios that gets omitted in the advertising copy.

I've often considered that the hot rod manufactures like Edlebrock miss an opportunity selling manifolds like the Victor Jr. which really works well except during that time and place where there's real winters. Imagine a Victor Jr. choice that's has the valley closed around the runners so it can get warm and sold as a year around high performance street manifold. You reading this Vic Jr.?

Bogie