Hot Rod Forum banner

edelbrock too rich with choke on

1K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  FiveFeezy 
#1 ·
This is probably a real simple thing, but I've never had any experience with an electric choke. I just installed an electric choke onto my 750 edelbrock. With the choke closed it runs really rich. I've tried turning the black choke cylinder all the way to the lean side but it has no effect. Any suggestions?

#2 ·
Well Jmark, I put your tests to work and in doing so, eventually figured out the problem. I had swapped the electric choke from a 600 cfm edelbrock to a 750 that originally had a manual choke. I only swapped the electric choke canister over. I didn't realize that the fast idle linkage was also different. With the electric choke canister and the manual choke fast idle linkage, the choke was never fully opening.

It seems like a lot of work to swap the fast idle linkage so I guess I'll just go back to the manual choke. Thanks for the help - I owe you a beer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.