Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Edelbrock VS Carter AFB
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2006, 03:04 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

It is funny how people have the total opposite experience with the same carb. Crazy world.

I never had a Holley leak anything, air fuel, or dirt. And I do take them apart a few times to replace jets, power valves, squirter's, ect,and drive them daily.

Yes, I could have used a heat insulator but the sticky throttle got on my nerves and I didn't see a cure for that.

I wonder why car magazines don't compare Edelbrock carbs to Holleys carbs using a dyno, dragstrip, or just for mpg. They compare heads, cams, intake, headers, but not different carb brands. I have seen them do a little Holley versus demon but those carbs are very similar. I'm betting that Edelbrock doesn't what a test like that done and puts pressure on the car magazines to NOT do a test like that.

It would be nice to see three different engine levels (mild, moderate, wild) tested with a 750 holley, 750 demon, and 750 edelbrock. But I doubt they will ever do a test like that because it could jeopardize advertising dollars.