Edelbrock vs. Holley - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2008, 07:56 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Edelbrock vs. Holley

I'm currently running a 1405 Edelbrock 600 CFM carb on my SBF, I'm thinking about switching to a Holley 600 CFM double pumper. The Edelbrock just doesn't have the pull at WOT. Any comments on which carb is better for performance?

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2008, 08:15 PM

Last photo:

I never liked my 1405. It was OK for normal use, but failed in seat of the pants feel. Google AED carbs. I bought their "750HO" and am thrilled. They will talk you through your set up and get the right carb for our application too... every carb is bench and dyno tested.
Old 06-27-2008, 11:26 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kleen56
I'm currently running a 1405 Edelbrock 600 CFM carb on my SBF, I'm thinking about switching to a Holley 600 CFM double pumper. The Edelbrock just doesn't have the pull at WOT. Any comments on which carb is better for performance?
It helps to have everything working together,how about some engine specs? like Cam,Intake and other mods. I have a 625 on my 302, Rpm Intake,289 Hi-Po heads,Ford Motorsports Cam pulls real strong.
Old 06-27-2008, 11:43 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffB
It helps to have everything working together,how about some engine specs? like Cam,Intake and other mods. I have a 625 on my 302, Rpm Intake,289 Hi-Po heads,Ford Motorsports Cam pulls real strong.
Jeff, are you talking 625 CFM carb? and what brand? As for my info, it's a 289, Mellings cam 480 lift, 272 duration, Edelbrock intake, 351 W heads.
Old 06-28-2008, 01:14 AM
Sophisticated Minimalist

he's probably talking about the Carter AFB comp. series carbs which were essentially the same thing as the Edelbrock performer carbs, just a different name...the carter model that correlates to the 600 CFM edelbrocks is rated at 625 CFM...personally I've never been very impressed with these carbs either, they've always felt somewhat, lacking to me...
Old 06-28-2008, 09:20 PM

Last photo:

Carbs for sale

Yes, it is a 625 Carter electric choke 9625S it is performing very well, carbs are like women we all like something different I have had Holleys that worked well too in fact I have the Holley 80457 for sale if interested,I changed because I got a good deal on the Carter and liked the polished finish as my intake is polished also.That being said I am not a big fan of double pumpers on street driven Small Block Fords the Air Valve secondarys on a Carter/Edelbrock work much like the vacuum secondaries on a Holley they only allow the amount of fuel the engine asks for no more.Unless you have spent some big $$ on heads for your Ford changing Carbs won't help.I would go to the Edelbrock website and print the tuning tips and use them,they spend millions on research and Dyno testing and tech help is only a phone call away. By the way what intake are you using? The Performer RPM works well, the regular Performer works OK with a basicly stock engine after 5,000 RPM they go down hill,with the cam you have I would use the RPM or a Weiand Stealth.

Last edited by JeffB; 06-28-2008 at 09:27 PM.

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.