Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Edlebrock Valve Cover Breathers???
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 08:21 AM
Lost In The 50's

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet-34 View Post
I found where you plug in the PCV on the front of the carb at the bottom (same size as PCV Hose).

Couple of questions:

1. Look at the PCV Valve and it appears to have two different size hoses. I'm assuming this is a one way valve and the smaller end would go towards the breather (picture enclosed). Use a short hose to the PCV and then a larger hose from the other end of the PCV to the Carb base.

2. Should I leave the breathers in the valve covers blocked off? I took it out and drove it 40 miles stop and go with the breathers blocked off and it cut down on the fumes inside the car by 90%. Still get a whiff once in awhile sitting at a red light. I pulled off the oil filler tube breather cap and could see a very small amount of smoke.

Appreciate all feedback.
I did extensive research on the Standard Ignition #V112 PCV Valve (Mfg number PCV valve for 327 Chevrolet) and found out it has 3/8" barb and a 1/2" barb with the flow from 1/2" to 3/8". This won't work with the Mr. Gasket #2063 Breather Cap which has a 3/8" barb. If you were to install it with the proper hoses, the flow would be going the wrong way.

Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PCV Valve.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	10.8 KB
ID:	69306   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oil Filler Cap With PCV.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	10.7 KB
ID:	69307