Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Edlebrock Valve Cover Breathers???
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 08:48 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

Is a PCv valve really necessary?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet-34 View Post
I had an earlier thread on Edelbrock Valve Cover Breathers. I decided to post a new thread as many that responded to the Edlebrock thread probably wouldn't read that thread again because they already read it and posted.

I have a 327 V-8 with Edelbrock Valve Covers with breathers in each cover. I have a push on cap on the oil fill tube that allows air. I'm getting a small amount of fumes in the passenger compartment.

Would it work if I purchased a Mr Gasket push on breather with a pcv valve barb and run the pcv valve hose to the base plate of my quadrajet carb which has the barb for a 3/8" pvc hose?

The sealed oil breather cap with the barb/hose to carb and the breathers on each valve cover would provide the circulation to eliminate the fumes. I have no oil blowby...just fumes.

This car is a cruiser...local shows and cruise-ins. Never driven over 60 mph. Thanks for any and all input.
Why not get the new tube with the barb and try it. If you find you need a PCV valve at idle get an inline PCV valve for an early model chevy with a 327 engine. I looked my 67 Camaro up on Advance Auto Parts website with a 327 engine. It listed an inline PCV valve by Fram FV112.