Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Edlebrock Valve Cover Breathers???
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 03:02 PM
Lost In The 50's

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Add PCV

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetrodderbn View Post
the internal canister acts as an oil separator. It would be best if it is still in place, most people don't just remove it unless there is a reason. You will find all you need from Danchuk Part # 13282- you can view it online. it replaces the top piece you don't have!
Many thanks to you and Lakeroadster (used a '67 Corvette Setup...see pictures in an earlier post) for your replies on how to get rid of the fumes in the drivers compartment from open breathers in the valve covers.

I looked up Danchuck #13282 as you posted and see that it is for 1955-1957 Chevrolets to eliminate the Road Draft Tube and replace it with a PCV Valve setup. My '67 327 V-8 did not have a road draft tube but a different type of PCV setup for that year which somebody eliminated (plugged) when they put the Edlebrock Valve Covers with Breathers to make it look cool.

I'm assuming the Danchuck #13282 would accomplish the same thing on my '67 327 V-8 if I choose to go that route.

Lakeroadster and anyone else feel free to add your imput on this Danchuck #13282 setup.

Thanks again to everyone for your patience, pictures and posting on this subject.: