Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Edlebrock Valve Cover Breathers???
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 07:42 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

personally, I like the idea of a pcv valve in the system to get rid of those fumes inside the engine. I would use the sealed dummy oil cap with the pcv valve installed on one valve cover, then use a vented and filtered dummy oil cap on the other valve cover. it will draw air through the engine from the other valve cover with the vented cap. you get a better purge that way. I don't know what you are running for an air filter system, but lots of the air filter systems have a place for the air tube to connect from the valve cover to the air filter housing. that way you get a better way to filter the air coming into the engine. remember dirt is the enemy. if the valve cover oil cap that is the air inlet doesn't have a filter in it you draw in whatever dust there is under hood when you are driving around, as well as moisture if you wash the engine or drive in the rain etc. I had a set of aftermarket valve covers on a car years ago, they didn't have the hole for the pcv valve, but wen I flipped them over there actually was a knockout there, it just wasn't knocked out yet. have you looked? maybe yours are the same. you would just have to knock out the plug and install a gromet and pcv valve. make sure there is also a baffle under the pcv valve so you don't suck up a bunch of oil spray from inside the valve cover. remember to use a pcv valve rated for your engine displacement.