Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Edlebrock Valve Cover Breathers???
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 10:04 AM
Lost In The 50's

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Problem Solved!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakeroadster View Post

Either option will get you the results you are after. But since you have the road draft opening that certainly looks like the option I would use. It's less expensive and shouldn't be very noticeable at all.

I used the vette PCV since my set-up doesn't have the road draft tube opening.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you to everyone that has responded to this post. If you do not have the hole in the rear of the block for the PCV Valve Tube used on many '62-'67 Chevy 327 V-8's, you can use lakeroasters setup and it will work as intended. These engines did not have a downdraft tube as they were outlawed in 1961 by the Feds.

If you have the hole in the rear of the block like streetrodderbn indicated, you can use the original vent tube (dixie cup) if you can find one or you can use Eckler's #18-77 or Danchuck #13282 kit for the same purpose as the original setup.

I found an original PCV Valve vent tube (dixie cup) and used a short piece of 1/2" hose to the PCV Valve (Standard V112, Fram FV-112 or Carquest 78088). From the end going to the PCV Valve port on the front of my Quadrajet, I used a 3/8" hose to finish the installation. I scored the original Dixie Cup for "Free" and spent a total of $7.00 for the PCV Valve and two different size of hoses.

I plugged the breathers on my Edlebrock Valve Covers and am using the Oil Fill Tube Breather just like the original set up on some '62-67 327 V-8's.

It works great......No fumes and it idles and performs perfectly.

This forum is the greatest if a person takes their time and processes all the information given. Don't leap at the first suggestion....do your research and process all suggestions.

Again.........Thank you!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Dixie Cup Adapter Semi-Closed '62-'67.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	69417   Click image for larger version

Name:	Carquest PCV Valve 78088.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	10.8 KB
ID:	69418   Click image for larger version

Name:	Quadrajet.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	19.8 KB
ID:	69419   Click image for larger version

Name:	101_0519.JPG
Views:	68
Size:	500.4 KB
ID:	69420  

Last edited by Sweet-34; 11-28-2012 at 10:14 AM.