Edmunds "100 Worst Cars of All Time" - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-19-2011, 12:09 PM
"But how do it know?"

Last wiki edit: How to rebuild a Rochester Quadrajet 4MV carbureto... Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 132

Edmunds "100 Worst Cars of All Time"

"100 Worst Cars of All Time". Some were obvious, but other picks really surprised me.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2011, 12:49 PM

Last wiki edit: Ford engine specifications Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 8

Some of those cars should never have left the drawing board or in several cases, Europe/Asia. Others, absolutely wrong choices for this list. I may not have been in love with some of them, but worst list. Naaah. Additionally, there were very few from 'yesteryear' - and some of those oldies were ----- B-A-A-D
Old 12-19-2011, 12:57 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,332 Times in 1,154 Posts
The 53 Corvette? HUH? Was it a great "car", I guess not. Was it any worse than a 53 Belair? Not by much if you ask me, same basic thing so why is one a "worse" car and the other not. I think the list is largely to promote view of their web site.

Brian

Old 12-19-2011, 01:09 PM
www.generationhighoutput. com

Last wiki edit: Painting chrome wheels
Last journal entry: Stopping my journal entries here
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 15

I think the author should change the name of the article to "100 cars that I don't like the look of, were from the 70s, or I've generally heard bad things about."
Old 12-19-2011, 02:51 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last photo:

Pontiac sure made some ugly cars during it's life. Looking at some of it's examples it seems like it was a mercy killing of the company.
Old 12-19-2011, 04:39 PM
62 Vette L-98 TPI & ZF 6 speed

Last photo:

[QUOTE=MARTINSR]The 53 Corvette? HUH? Was it a great "car", I guess not. Was it any worse than a 53 Belair? Not by much if you ask me, same basic thing so why is one a "worse" car and the other not. I think the list is largely to promote view of their web site.

Brian

how about the 2000 Saleen S7. ya…. gosh shucks, who would want that POS

I've owned a number of the cars listed. strangely ALL of them were built by GM, so perhaps there is a message there .

Russ
Old 12-19-2011, 05:04 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last journal entry: Motor - vator
Last photo:

Renault alliance, Yugo, festiva, to name the top 3 turds.
Old 12-19-2011, 07:09 PM
Hot Rods are Built, not Bought

Last journal entry: Lakeroadster's '31 Model A Tudor
Last photo:

100 Worst Cars of All Time..

Chevy SSR, Pontiac Fiero, '75 vette, Chevy Vega, Ford Pinto... really? What a Nimrod. This type of article is totally bogus without some basis for determining what makes the list, other than some dudes personal preferences.

Last edited by lakeroadster; 12-19-2011 at 07:26 PM.
Old 12-19-2011, 07:35 PM

Last photo:

This is bad.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by lt1silverhawk
"100 Worst Cars of All Time". Some were obvious, but other picks really surprised me.

This list makes me feel terrible!

My 1st car was #20 on the list(AMC Pacer) and my 2nd car was #2 on the list('74 Mustang II)!

But I know MANY other people over the years who've owned MANY of these cars!
Like the Justy, Fuego, Alliance, Eagle Premier, Geo Metro, Monza, Chevette, Pinto, Vega, Allante, Cimarron, Gremlin, '96 Taurus, Volare, '77 Versailles, '75 Corvette, Samurai, Cricket, B-210, 9-14, TR-7, '58 Thunderbird, Citation, Fierro, '74 Gran Torino, '82 Camaro, '89 T-Bird, Subaru XT, '84 Bronco II, Cavalier, Hyundai Excell, Lumina minivan, VW Fox, Acura Vigor, Pontiac Solstice

My God, thats a long list of crap that people I know, or that I am related to have owned!
Old 12-19-2011, 08:10 PM

Last journal entry: 1930u Windows are in
Last photo:

I LOVE Corvettes but 53-55 Corvettes were just okay. The body fit was awful. IMO the 1999-2006, BMW, E-46, 3-Series should have been on the list.
Old 12-22-2011, 01:44 PM
"But how do it know?"

Last wiki edit: How to rebuild a Rochester Quadrajet 4MV carbureto... Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 132

Yeah, the list is horrible and, as several of you pointed out, is based more on the author's preferences and taste than on an actual set of objectives and criteria. The author, John Pearley Huffman, has apparently penned several articles for Edmunds Inside Line, and the few that I read through seem equally bad in my opinion.

If you go back to the article and read the comments posted, you would think Edmunds would take a hint. It seems like when a news reporting service of any sort goes online, it tries way too hard to have fresh content as frequently as possible without taking the time to do a "quality control" check. Yahoo! is a perfect example of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR
The 53 Corvette? HUH? Was it a great "car", I guess not. Was it any worse than a 53 Belair? Not by much if you ask me, same basic thing so why is one a "worse" car and the other not. I think the list is largely to promote view of their web site.

Brian
Yep, that's exactly where I also had to pause and consider the value of this list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy_Freud
Pontiac sure made some ugly cars during it's life. Looking at some of it's examples it seems like it was a mercy killing of the company.
Hey now, Firebirds and Trans Ams were gorgeous cars. Heck I even liked the way my '99 Grand Am looked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1930u
I LOVE Corvettes but 53-55 Corvettes were just okay. The body fit was awful. IMO the 1999-2006, BMW, E-46, 3-Series should have been on the list.
Those years of the 3 series are actually my favorite body style on that car. Did it have reliability issues?

Tags
automotive news, humor

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.