Hot Rod Forum banner

EFI to Carb conversion advice needed

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  1953 Homer 
#1 ·
I'm currently converting an '86 T-bird 302 from fuel injection to carb and need some advice on how to proceed. FYI, I've been a Chevy guy forever, and this is my first Ford project. The motor/trans combo is going into a '53 ford sedan. Please help with the following questions if you can. Thanks in advance...Mike :confused:

1. I plan to run a 2 barrel carb (I have a late 60's manifold already), but not sure of which carb. Is the 2100 series Ford/Motorcraft carb the right choice? What size venturi?

2. I'll need an electric fuel pump, but what size/brand would be best? Will I need an pressure regulator too?

3. I'd like to use electronic ignition, but what parts will I need? Is Dura Spark or Dura Spark II better?

4. What is the best way to control the AOD; who makes the best TV cable hookup? Will it work with my proposed 2 barrel setup?

#2 ·
1953 Homer said:
I

'm currently converting an '86 T-bird 302 from fuel injection to carb and need some advice on how to proceed. FYI, I've been a Chevy guy forever, and this is my first Ford project. The motor/trans combo is going into a '53 ford sedan. Please help with the following questions if you can. Thanks in advance...Mike :confused:

1. I plan to run a 2 barrel carb (I have a late 60's manifold already), but not sure of which carb. Is the 2100 series Ford/Motorcraft carb the right choice? What size venturi?
These following numbers are for AUTOLITE/MOTORCRAFT 2100 Series Carburetors. This number can be found on the left side of the float bowl, right behind the accelerator pump rod, inside of a circle. The number(s) on the left corresponds with the CFM rating(s) on the right. The first numbers are the Venturi Size, the second is the corresponding CFM.

These numbers are for 2V carburetors only (2100/2150).

Number = CFM

.98 = 190
1.01 = 240
1.02 = 245
1.08 = 287
1.14 = 300
1.21 = 351
1.23 = 356
1.33 = 424

2. I'll need an electric fuel pump, but what size/brand would be best? Will I need an pressure regulator too?
HOLLEY BLUE?

3. I'd like to use electronic ignition, but what parts will I need? Is Dura Spark or Dura Spark II better?
DURASPARK II

4. What is the best way to control the AOD; who makes the best TV cable hookup? Will it work with my proposed 2 barrel setup?
LOKAR.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.