Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - El Camino Engine - 350 Chevy or 455 Pontiac
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2006, 09:09 AM
King of my Man-cave.

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuenchPiston
I was searching for something kind of different than this thread but I have to admit that it did spark my interest and then I read that b.s. post and well, I just couldn't stand that info especially about the rod stroke ratio. There are some other people that post that pass along info about R/S ratio that is not true. Some hot rodders would read them and possibly miss out on the benefits of R/S ratio as well as other parameters can provide. You know its kind of like this, tell a person building a 383 sbchevy that he should build his engine with 400 rods and an army of people put down that idea stating that longer rods should be used. But on the other hand mention any other engine made that came stock with longer rods and the same army of people dispel the benefits or the purpose of that long rod. I just like to see honest and truthful discussions. And I wholeheartedly agree that you should not remove or edit posts, I never said that.
The fact that that old post hasn't been resurrected tells me that it has run it's course and the bad info it contained has probably been discounted. You don't need to dig up old posts to comment on (you have a habit of doing that, it has been noticed by myself and other mods). Instead, why don't you add something original and useful to the forum?

tom