elde blues - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2012, 07:22 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

elde blues

my son and i have a 86 ford we just put a 92 5.0 with a fomoco alum. intake 1405 elde carb c6 tranny timming set at 10degrees we cant get it to idel under 1000rpms with out dyeing and we have to give gas when we put it in gear or it will die its a real dog we have tryed plugs played with timming check for air leaks we pulled carb off and the bottom was soak and wet there is no comp it has only 4 vac lines iam trying to keep it simple 4 him he just turned 16

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2012, 09:13 PM
www.krusinklassics.net

Last photo:

Going to need some pertinent informaion. First of all, have no idea what an "elde" carb is. Edelbrock, maybe? And I'm thinking a 92 engine is probably supposed to be computer controlled? I see where you say "no comp". No computer? No compression? Is there a regular HEI distributor with no computer control? If you want answers we need info.
Old 01-04-2012, 10:15 PM

yes it is edelbrock carb and it has no computer it does have a one wire hei dist. and its 1992 5.0 we only have 4 vac. lines going to plug all them off and see if it acts anybetter before i pull the carb
Old 01-04-2012, 10:34 PM
www.krusinklassics.net

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by copeflames
yes it is edelbrock carb and it has no computer it does have a one wire hei dist. and its 1992 5.0 we only have 4 vac. lines going to plug all them off and see if it acts anybetter before i pull the carb

So, you have 4 wide open vacuum lines at the moment?
Old 01-05-2012, 02:47 PM

Last photo:

Make sure you don't have more then 7 psi fuel pressure wise but 6 psi would be the best bet as Edlebrocks don't like to much fuel pressure as that won't affect your idle per say but you said the carb was soaked when you took it off. Make sure you check your idle mixture screws settings as well if they are to lean when you put it into park it can make it stall like that. Also do you have a performance cam in this thing as anything bigger then stock will take more timing in order for it also to run right.
Eric
Old 01-06-2012, 08:23 PM

the idel screws arent changing anything right now i plug off all vac lines still cant get it to idel advanced timming still no change i will rebuild carb over the weekend this is a very old carb it has been rebuilt in the last 30days so i was told and it looked like it has been rebuilt but i dont know what jets were used or metering rods were changed i have checked timming vac leaks the only thing left is carb or the ford intake i have wont work with my heads but i realy hope this isnt the case what do you all think about useing a 2in spacer between cab and intake
Old 01-06-2012, 09:22 PM
Not Considered a Senior Member

Last photo:

Its obvious your flooding it to death. Is the vacuum advance in use? When the carb is flooding the idle mixture screws don't respond. This can also be caused by the throttle being open so far its pulling from the main boosters instead of the idle circuit. Edelbrock carbs don't like anything over 5 psi fuel pressure, if you don't have a fuel pressure gauge get one otherwise your shooting in the dark. Are you using a mechanical fuel pump or the in tank electric? If the in tank electric is used it has to have a fuel pressure regulator otherwise the fuel pressure will be way too high. First off find out what the fuel pressure is, then once we know what it is you can take the needed steps to fix it. If the fuel pressure isn't the problem then either the needle is stuck open in the seat causing it to flood or the float level is too high. After you get the flooding issue contained we can move on to the timing.

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.