Hot Rod Forum banner

Electric cutoff tool recommendation?

4K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Slickriffs 
#1 ·
I grind my welds with a cutoff tool. I'm between compressors and want to get back on my project which involves grinding welds in tight places at times.
Anyone use an electric that uses 3 inch cutoff blade? Anything better than this?

Thanks,

Keith

#3 ·
I have a Craftsman Electric Die grinder. It works well with 1/4" shank carbide cutters or the cutoff wheel adapter. I'll use this most of the time to save wear and tear on the compressor...
Mark

#4 ·
I also use an air-powered die grinder alot, but, after watching one of the "American Chopper" show, I noticed Paulie using a 4 1/2" Dewalt with a cutoff blade. I tried it with my Milwaukee 4 1/2", and it actually works quite well-the blades last longer, and, if you have larger hands you can control the cuts.

craig

#5 ·
die grinder with 3m disks-another option

I have used my die grinder with an adapter for 3m or rollock disks - similar to the ones everyone uses to remove gaskets with- just get lower grit ones for grinding in real tight places. It doesn't work as well as a grinder;the disks wear out faster; but it is an option.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.