Hot Rod Forum banner

Electric door locks Mystery solved

795 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Rob Keller 
#1 ·
Well at least for me it is....

A few months ago while re wiring my 88 Chevy from computer to NON computer I ran into a few obstacles .
One of the things I just fingered out today was the electric door locks.

I went thru all 4 of them they have power 12 VDC & Running a ground direct from the Battery to to unit helped it none.

I stumbled upon the answer! I had the test light in the plug for the servo when I hit the switch it barly lit & I heard something under the dash protesting then I remembered this thing that looked like it was ripped out with a log chain.

So I got to thinking {yea every 6 months or so I have one of them} & I ran a jumper ground to it & whadda you know all 4 door locks come to life with some authority
Yippie!

So why this relay thingerdo is welded up to the steering column inside support I dunno {I know from looking at some one Else's while I had the dash out that its suposed to be up there}

But it needs to B grounded!

Now onto the A/C & the Cruise & it will be a completely working truck.......

Of course . .

except the loose nut behind the steer wheel! :thumbup:

May this information save someone a lot of time in the future.

R :thumbup:

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Rob--
You remind me of a statement in the movie The Outlaw Josie Wales.

Chief Dan George as Lone Watie said-----

"We must endeavor to persevere"

:D :D :D

I found all kinds of weird crap in my 97 T-Bird-------just shoved it back under the dash----have no idea what all that crap is.

Now--If I can just figure out why the AC blower goes out every year, I would be much happier.

(I told Susan that she uses the AC too much---ran out of air :D )
(she didn't buy it)

Bryan

#3 ·
Bryan59EC said:
Now--If I can just figure out why the AC blower goes out every year, I would be much happier.

(I told Susan that she uses the AC too much---ran out of air :D )
(she didn't buy it)

Bryan
Doc here, :pimp:

I usually get paired up with the "Solar Powered Barbies"..Ya know the Blonde's that have ear pierced for Cell phone implants..

When that happens to me..I just say..

"It's because the system is not yet calibrated for "Summer" air..It is still in winter air calibration mode..take it to the AC shop and get it Tweaked.. :evil: :cool:

Not ALL Boobs are in Bra's... :thumbup:

Doc

#4 ·
Not ALL Boobs are in Bra's...
AHH but id they were what a beautiful world it would be.

HA HA the air runs out AH Ha keep laughing it will prob-ally be a reality some day

As stOOopid as saying rotating the air in your tires :confused:

Bryan all them wires go to something thats why me & my Lesbians .. {Oh sorry did I say that out loud?} Side cutters cut from the puter back after I knew it went no where I needed .

Take a picture of it put it in a file & when your bi annual though comes bingo you are in there.
LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.