Hot Rod Forum banner

electric fan question

729 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Ed ke6bnl 
#1 ·
Would a spal dual 11" set w/2780 cfms keep a bb chevy cool?Right now using a 17"flex and only heats up when sitting in parade type traffic.

#2 ·
I would think it would definatly help. For sure when your setting because they would still be going all the time. You running a shroud? If not, try one. HG

#3 ·
I am running the dual 11" spals with the built in shroud and rubber relief vents for higher mph. I have only one fan hooked up and running and it cools right down when it kicks on, for my 327 300hp with a griffin 1 1/2 tubed al radiator. so far so good just got it ont the road. Ed ke6bnl

#4 ·
Thanks for the info right now I'm using a flex but want to go electric.You read where you eed 3500+ cfms to cool big motors but thay're not many fans out there to do this.I believe 2800 would be alot more than the flex but it's nice to hear real world results.

#5 ·
I am not sure how true it is but I am thinking that a flex fan that flattens out at high rpm will act as a blockage for the air that would want to pass through the radiator at freeway speeds. I believe a singe 16 in spall will have about the same cfm as the duall 11" if you have the room for them, I didn't and need the water pump pulley to go between the two fans motors. Ed ke6bnl

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.