Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Electric Fan wiring
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2008, 08:51 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Electric Fan wiring

I have installed an electric fan on my 67 Camaro I followed the wire diagram and it works great it comes on at 185 degrees and goes off at 170 degrees but it will only work while the key is in the on position. I know it is the lead coming from the relay where the wire diagram states "IGN or FAN SWITCH" so I obviously ran that lead from the relay to the IGN port on my fuse box and this was the result which would be correct if that's how I wanted it to work. I would really like the fan to stay on after the motor has been turn off and is still warm and then shut off after the temp drops.

Do I take this lead and re-route it to the Circuit breaker coming off the + battery terminal for the fan relay will that result in keeping the fan on when the motor is off and then the fan will cut off when the temp has dropped to the 170 degree point.

I think that I'm on the right track just seeing if I am in fact on the right track by you all who have already done this before. I appreciate the input and look forward to hearing from you all.

Thank you