electric fans - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> General Rodding Tech
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2009, 05:23 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

electric fans

HI guys i was wondering how to determine what cfm electric fan to get i will be running a 302 efi in a 1953 ford and was looking at the fans but not sure what to get. Thanks for any help.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2009, 07:09 PM

Last photo:

Electric fan

A real good fan setup that would be cheap and EZ to find is get the dual fan & shroud combo from a Ford Taurus probably $35- $40 at yor local Pik-N-Pull these will push around 3400 CFM,be sure and get all the wiring and relays with it.
Old 03-02-2009, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaslong
HI guys i was wondering how to determine what cfm electric fan to get i will be running a 302 efi in a 1953 ford and was looking at the fans but not sure what to get. Thanks for any help.
I'll agree with JeffB, your best bang-for-the-buck is the fan and shroud from a 90s V6 Taurus/Sable or a Lincoln Mark VIII, the shroud and blades are slightly different in the two applications but they both use the same bulletproof motor
Just be aware that it'll pull spikes around 90-100 amps on hard startup and pull around 40 amps on high speed, so good wiring and heavy duty relays are essential.
Old 03-02-2009, 10:31 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gezn2
I'll agree with JeffB, your best bang-for-the-buck is the fan and shroud from a 90s V6 Taurus/Sable or a Lincoln Mark VIII, the shroud and blades are slightly different in the two applications but they both use the same bulletproof motor
Just be aware that it'll pull spikes around 90-100 amps on hard startup and pull around 40 amps on high speed, so good wiring and heavy duty relays are essential.
The Taurus fan is a little smaller than the MK VIII and draws a little less current,I had a Mark VIII fan and had to sell it it would not fit physically in my '54 Ford.Same size area as your '53,also do not run the fans power source off the 53's ignition switch or you'll kiss it goodbye.
Old 03-03-2009, 11:22 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffB
The Taurus fan is a little smaller than the MK VIII and draws a little less current,I had a Mark VIII fan and had to sell it it would not fit physically in my '54 Ford.Same size area as your '53,also do not run the fans power source off the 53's ignition switch or you'll kiss it goodbye.
I have a duel fan setup out of a Taurus or a windstar van i got them from somebody i know but he couldnt remember which on they came out of but i took them because the price was right free but i am having the same problem they wont fit.

Recent General Rodding Tech posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.