Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - electric fuel pumps on carburator?
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 04:00 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by techinspector1 View Post
More pressure will not make more horsepower. What it will do is to overpower the needle and seat in the bowl of the carb and blow raw fuel into the intake manifold, creating a tuning nightmare. Shoot for 5 psi. You want high volume to prevent fuel starvation, with large diameter lines, not high pressure.
i think thats whats been happening because when i was trying to tune the carb and set the mixture screws etc it wouldn't work no matter if i turned the screws all the way in or out the rpm would never change. completely even forgot that my fuel pressure is probably causing that, will start off with a regulator and go from there.

haven't got much money left and my fuel pump at the moment is brand new so will just stick with it, its a mr gasket one, have 2 of them because twin fuel tanks but only 1 runs at a time, im hoping there is already a return line on the car but im not sure need to wait for rain to stop before i have a look around.

but thanks for all the advice and help, if a regulator doesn't fit it ill get one of those red top holley pumps