Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Electric Pump with Performer Carb
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2008, 11:17 PM

Last journal entry: How sweet it is!
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

im running a similar set-up with a small block chebby, however im using a holley street electric pump with a edelbrock 750 carb. so your pump and fittings are very similar to mine and i've had no issues!

i do NOT think you will absolutely need a regulator. Just the electric pump should be fine by itself, but maybe one of the great minds can correct me on that??

its a breeze to wire it up.It should only have 2 wires coming from the pump. one is for ground and the other is your power supply. you COULD wire it up to an IGNITION-on wire that way when your turn your key your pump goes on. I didn't do it that way. I chose to go with a toggle switch for it. Just a nice feature to be able to cut off your pump in case of an emergency at the 1/4 mile track.

As far as the lines, i just used good rubber fuel hose from the steel fuel line up to the carb. Again i assume you have steel fuel line that runs from your tank up to the front of the motor area?

Mounting is important. Remember, a fuel pump will PUSH better then it will PULL. Thats why most pumps are mounted in the tank or near the rear of the vehicle.

good luck