Hot Rod Forum banner

Electric window motor replacement

992 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Bubblehead 
#1 ·
I am getting ready to replace the motor on the passenger side, rear window on my 84 Ford Mustang. Getting to it is the question. After I remove the rear seats, does that side panel that covers the top mechanism come out? Is there a special trick to getting the seats out? Any advice or suggestions on this evolution?

#2 ·
I would check a repair manual to be sure, but I believe the rear seat comes out like most cars. Lift the front edge of the seat to pop it out of it's retainer clips, then remove it. The seat back should be held in by a couple screws along the bottom edge. Remove them then lift the seat back out.

Once the rear seat is out, you should be able to remove the side trim panel to access the window mechanism.

Be careful with the window mechanism. It is spring loaded. If you remove the motor without immobilizing the arm, the arm can whip around hard enough to break any hands or fingers it slams into. :eek:

Good luck, and be careful :thumbup:

Joe G.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.