Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Electrical componants getting fried!! Help!!!
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 09:21 PM
Guitars & Cars >8D

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Electrical componants getting fried!! Help!!!

Hey guys Ive been having some electrical componants mess up on me and im wondering if you guys might be able to help me sort it out. The truck is a 1974 Chevrolet C10. It has a new carbureted Vortec 5.7 that I just swapped in so all wiring to the engine has been moved to the new engine and an oil pressure safety switch was added. it has hei, starter, oil pressure safety switch, electric choke, water temp...thata all the engine wiring i think.

The other day I went to crank my engine over and the starter just clicked. I had fully charged the battery and the starter worked fine on my old engine and seemed to be working ok on this one. Maybe kinda sluggish when cranking the engine over but i just figured it was cause it didnt have shimms yet or possibly cause of the higher compression. Tried to jump power from the starter batt terminal to the one that starts it but it still just clicked.

I figured the starter just crapped out at that point and I was going to buy a new one. Well the next day I was listening to music while working on my truck and one of the speakers just got major distortion so i figured it was messed up and i put all the sound through the other speaker.....Then today I was listening to the radio in the truck. My nephew came up to me so I turned the volume down and when I went to turn it back up my other speaker wasnt working then the head unit started going off and on.

Does anybody have any suggestions as to what i should check What should I be looking for that could cause this?

I have pretty detailed pics of my truck so if you need to see how something is wired i can show you pictures