Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Electrical componants getting fried!! Help!!!
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2012, 10:38 PM
Guitars & Cars >8D

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I actually cant start the truck cause my starter doesnt do anything at all now. my batt is at 11.## volts with key in off position but when i put the key in the on position voltage drops fast to like 6 volts I havent tried to crank yet since my oil pressure gauge isnt connected and my wiring would get an oil bath if i cranked the engine over. when i turn it off the battery voltage slowly climbs back up. To be honest the wiring in my truck was a nightmare when i got it. right after i bought the truck i replaced a melted headlight switch wire that melted into quite a bit of the cab wiring harness. I took out old lighting and cigg lighter wiring today. I also found out that my ground for my gauge lighting and stereo was a horribly rusted connection and an old brittle wire so i replaced it and bolted the ground to some sheet metal.
Im going to keep going through the wiring and cleaning up the old corroded stuff but i also am going to draw a diagram of my engine wiring just to make sure i did it right. I added a few new things durring the engine swap so i wanna make sure i didnt wire something up to a wrong post. I added an Electric Fuel Pump, Oil Pressure Safety Switch, mallory HEI.

I read if you have an hei you dont use all starter wire terminals but my starter has all 3 terminals with wires on them.

Also I need to make sure my oil pressure safety switch is wired in right along with the electric fuel pump.

I hate wiring