Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Electrical componants getting fried!! Help!!!
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2012, 05:15 AM
Guitars & Cars >8D

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Hey guys So I pulled out my dash and cleaned up the wiring quite a bit. I got rid of alot of old accessory and interior light wiring. The old lighting was pretty much gutted aside from a light under the dash that would occasionally come on. Interior lighting, cig lighter, gauges and stereo wiring..This was all ground to the same horrible corroded wire that was grounded to the rusty parking brake I replaced the ground wires and ran them to a nice clean body ground. I also charged the battery.

Fired right up!!! Voltage doesnt seem to be dropping but Ill have to keep a close eye on it. Voltage is also stable and doesnt fluctuate on any fuse block fuses or terminals. Now Im going to look into what wiring I need to get rid of that use to power the old points distributor. The guy who owned the truck before me installed an HEI but just plugged it into the points wiring. Ive seen a few threads on here about it ill check em out

You dont know how happy I was today when my starter actually cranked over and she fired right up