Hot Rod Forum banner

electronic speedometer question

671 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  sec29 
#1 · (Edited)
i have a 1980 buick regal with a 350 and i just got a 5 speed trans from a 95 chevy 1500. it has an electrical connection for the speedo. i just got back from the junk yard, i got an instrument cluster from a 95 firebird formula with a 150 mph speedo. is there anything else i would need inbetween the trans and the cluster to get the speedo to work? by the way, the rear end is from an 86 grand national w/ 3.42 gear. i dont mind if its not reading perfectly, just would like to know generally how fast im going. also it has an hei distributor. can i hook the tach output wire directly to the cluster, or do i need a resistor or something similar in line? any help here would be much appreciated,scott. :D ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- would anybody know where to find the speed buffer in the 93-95 firbird formula?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.