emailing - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2006, 01:22 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

emailing

will someone tell me how to send an email.I don't get along too good with computers.When I try to send to someones email address it doesn't do anything.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2006, 01:34 AM

Last photo:

Seaswirl,

1 - Do you currently have an email account setup on your computer?

2 - Do you use a program like Outlook or OUtlook Express to send/receive email, or do you do it through your web browser?

3 - What steps are you taking to send email?

4 - Exactly what happens when you try to send email to someone? Exactly what messages or dialogs pop up? When I say exactly, I mean word for word, not,"It gave me some error or something."

Thanks,
PeterM
Old 04-18-2006, 01:40 AM

email

[QUOTE=PJMonty]Seaswirl,

1 - Do you currently have an email account setup on your computer?

2 - Do you use a program like Outlook or OUtlook Express to send/receive email, or do you do it through your web browser?

3 - What steps are you taking to send email?

4 - Exactly what happens when you try to send email to someone? Exactly what messages or dialogs pop up? When I say exactly, I mean word for word, not,"It gave me some error or something."

Thanks,
PeterM[/QUOTE

I have an email account with sbcglobal.net.when I try to send it through this system outlook express comes with the form,and when I put my message,I go to file and click on send to mail recipetent,nothing happens.When I go to my email and put the address I want to mail to,the message always comes back,with the message that the person doesn't have an account,or it is not recogonized.
Old 04-18-2006, 01:53 AM

Last photo:

Seaswirl,

1 - Have you setup the email account on Outlook Express? When I ask that, I don't mean have you started Outlook Express running, but rather if you have told Outlook Express where to find your SMTP and POP3 servers, etc.

2 - Have you sent email with this account in the past but it stopped working, or have you never sent email with this account?

3 - Please re-read question 4 in my previous post where I asked for the exact messages word for word that come up when you try to send email. As I said in that post, when I say word for word, I mean word for word. I don't expect you to remember what the messages were, I expect you to try sending an email, write down the messages and then type them in a post to this forum.

Thanks,
PeterM
Old 04-18-2006, 02:22 AM
Be American, Buy American!

PJMonty, Seaswirl said he/she went to file to send the mail. When you send e-mail, do not go to file to send it. Simply click send on the document you are writing.

When you are in the e-mail mode, the file on your toolbar has no record of what you intend to do.

Al
Old 04-18-2006, 02:39 AM

Last photo:

Al,

Well, yes and no. I would just use the "Send" button (and it sounds like you would too), but you can absolutely send email via the "File" menu of the message itself. Seaswirl said he/she fills out the message, then goes to the file menu and "clicks on send to mail recipient".

Open Outlook Express, create a new message, and then go to the file menu of the message window and you'll see that you absolutey can send a message from there.

The reason I'm asking such detailed questions is to understand exactly what is going on before offering a solution. What mechanism Seaswirl is choosing to actually send the email (toolbar button, menu option, or hotkeys) is unimportant compared to understanding what is actually happening on his/her computer.

Folks with little or no computer experience often don't understand the difference between an email client and the web broswer, or that they need to configure an email account on their machine for it to work. I'm trying to get to the root cause of the problem.

Thanks,
PeterM
Old 04-18-2006, 03:39 AM

Last photo:

You need to go to the icon that says "mail" with the envelope right above your search bar.. click on that and it will take you to your mail box.
I have the same "sbcglobal.net" mail address for a couple of years now, and have never gone through outlook to send an e-mail.
You can also go to the "help" drop down bar and click on "SBC Yahoo! Help", which will walk you through any questions you have.

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.