Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Embarassing screw ups
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2006, 01:42 PM
Music soothes the soul

Last journal entry: Wiring finished finally
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Me? Screw up?? Bwahaha I don't recall the meaning of that word.. My boss brought his aunt's car in and just wanted me to do a routine oil change on it (nothing much going on that day), drained it, replaced filter, nothing special. Trouble began when I begin filling the motor up with oil.. The little snap circular part on the quart of oil where it keeps the cap on until you unscrew it, popped off and ploop, fell down deep into the head.. That damn little notch that keeps the oil cap on snagged that ring off. I stood there for a second and wanted to yell, "F!@#!$" But maintained my composure.. somewhat haha and tried to figure out what to do before having to tear things apart to get to it. There was quite a bit of stuff that needed to be taken off just to get to the valve cover bolts, i hate caddy's.. And that wouldn't even guarantee that the little ring didn't stay in the heads. I was anticipating taking off the intake to try and find the ring and nooo way my boss would be happy about that.. Found one of those long tools with 3 little hooks on the end that is attached to a cable so when you push on the end of it, it'll open up the teeth and it can grab something. I went blind fishing.. literally couldn't see anything, caught onto something, pulled it up phewwww what a relief! Got that little sucker, luckily it did stay in the head area and didn't fall down into the lifter valley. Geez, that bastard ring still haunts me. My boss probably would've kicked my arse if I had to start pulling the intake off to find where it went.