Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Embarassing screw ups
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2006, 09:08 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Yep done the 180 out deal and singed the hair of me head (pop was doin the crankin.....) he was laughin his arse off seeing me fly off the fender of the car, specially scince he told me to make sure it wasnt 180 out (I was 15)

my next opps came when I was welding up the exhaust on the 49, twas int eh garage, on jack stands, not as high as it could be and space was limited, I was laying on the ground seeing as the creeper would have put me two inches closer to the welding and it was already over my head making the job even more miserable (dead of summer right after it rained in florida) Well I finished welding the top and instead of crawling out from under the truck to grab my inspection mirror I poke my head up as far as I can get it to take a gander at the top of the weld, well, my forehead contacted the hot friggen pipe way before I gained visual on the target normal instincts kicked in, I jerked back bouncing my head off the pavement, where instinct kicked me in the nether regions once again and I went back to the hot pipe, and repeated this 4 times over before I finally got myself to stop beating myself up .....ended up with a choice burn on my forehead and a nice large goose egg on the back of my head. Plus I had a VIP flight I was flying the very next day looking like I got the crap kicked out of me.....great first impression....