Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Em's first Ford Hot Rod
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2013, 02:10 PM
one full turn after it squeeks

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

When my Buddy and I unloaded the Fairlane at my house we noticed an oil leak on the trailer floor. I was just hoping that it was pan related and haven't tried to locate it until today. I added a quart of oil and then got down to see if I could see where the possible leak was coming from. Well, low and behold it was leaking as fast as I put it in and when I first saw where it was coming from I started laughing out loud and then I got pissed. I can't imagine anyone doing these "bandaid and pull ties and bailing wire fixes" like I'm running across on this Ride. Anyhow here are the pics and it looks like I might have lucked out and ?possibly? all it needs is to be cleaned up and a "PROPER" washer put in place of that 2" in diameter rubber thingie. I may frame that when I get it off. Even if I have to rethread and step up in size or put in a helicoil, I'm happy with the location of the leak.

Shouldn't that fly wheel have a cover over the bottom? Probably had to remove the cover to allow for the #$%@#@#& lowrider crap.

"SOME DAYS THERE JUST ISN'T A LARGE ENUFF SUPPLY OF CURSE WORDS TO FIT MY NEEDS!"