Hot Rod Forum banner

The end

3K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  HemmiGremmie 
#1 ·
Well here it is, the object that has taken most of my free time and idol thought for the past couple of years. :(

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Had a look at your project journal, no insurance...tough. When I started my 34 project I was tipped off about this little loophole in homeowners insurance. Seems a car under construction is not covered, a completed running/registered car might be covered. On the other hand if my garage burns and consumes my riding lawn mower, 4 wheeler, and motor cycle they are all covered. Now the problem is trying to find an insurance company that will cover a car under construction...very few will. After calling a number of collector/classic car insurers I discovered Grundy will cover cars under construction.

People listen up, your car that is under construction in your garage probably is not covered by your homeowners insurance, check to make sure it is and get it in writing.

Vince

#8 ·
I'm not even sure if they are going to cover parts like patch panels and a new carb that I bought but had not put on the car.
I can't really complain, our insurance has been good to us so far. My adjuster is a really nice guy. I've heard really bad stories from other people who have gone through this so I guess we are lucky in that respect.

Nobody was hurt. Our dog and even the fish survived. The tank was melted and the water was almost black but they were still alive. One did die a few days later.

#9 ·
KenCam said:
I'm not even sure if they are going to cover parts like patch panels and a new carb that I bought but had not put on the car.
I can't really complain, our insurance has been good to us so far. My adjuster is a really nice guy. I've heard really bad stories from other people who have gone through this so I guess we are lucky in that respect.

Nobody was hurt. Our dog and even the fish survived. The tank was melted and the water was almost black but they were still alive. One did die a few days later.
you're still counting your blessing and that is a GOOD and POSITIVE thing - - -

#10 ·
Sorry about your loss. I worked for a guy who bought a 57 T-bird and had it in a shop for a complete restoration. The night before he was suppose to pick it up someone cut a guy wire on a power/telephone pole and the pole fell on the shop and smashed his car beyond hope...no insurance either. Look on the bright side with all the experience you gained you will do the next one better and faster.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.