Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - endust
Thread: endust
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2010, 08:27 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Exactly I've tacked metallic base for a lot of years now, and never had it cause striping. Stripping is an application problem.
But there is a correct way to use a tac rag, like shine already mentioned. It should be unfolded and then made into a fluffy ball in your hand. Don't use pressure when tacking off, too much and you can transfer the sticky stuff from the rag to the paint, your just picking up dust and dirt specs that may have landed on the surface. Turn the rag often and if it gets too dirty chuck it and grab a new one, they are cheap.

Don't understand why people want to take a risk and shop at the hardware store for materials, instead of the paint store and products made for car painting. Hmm down this isle for some toilet bowl cleaner, now lets head over and get some furniture polish. Don't get me wrong, I stop at the farm and fleet down the road when I need stuff in a pinch, but thats only certain stuff. They carry good 3day 3m masking tape, If I forgot to make sure the paint jobber threw in sticks and strainers, and yes I'll usually pick up a tac rag there.