Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Which Energizer Cam would you Recommend.
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2004, 12:39 PM
doesn't play well with others

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally posted by Ghetto Jet
DMorris I'm going to be ordering a TCI Breakaway converter in the very near future, seemed best suited for my application. Do you like yours?

Mike
Yes I am very happy with mine. It is rated to stall between 2,200-2,400 in most small blocks, slightly higher in big blocks. Understand how much torque your engine applies will affect stall speed. I wanted to be able to pull the rpm's better when staging but still wanted to maintain driveability on the street. Under normal conditions she feels very similar to the stock converter, engages nice, launches smooth, and doesn't sound like a slipping clutch when I step on the gas pedal. But when I do pound her I can feel the difference. This guy I knew had a Malibu with so much stall that you could hear it revving every time he took off, if that is what you want you will need a higher stall. I wanted something that would provide some kick when needed but not burn up my trans fluid driving on the street regularly. It worked well for me.