Hot Rod Forum banner

Engine block paint code?

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Aljanp 
#1 ·
Hello, I am looking for the paint code for my Chevy 350 red engine block. Any ideas?

#4 ·
Do you have anything removeable with the color intact? (valve cover, air cleaner, WP pulley) You could take ti to you local paint supplier and have them match something to it. Or maybe a friend has a car with the same color engine? If I may ask what kind of car is it? I thought Chevy only used red for engines in 56, after that it was orange, then black (with the exceptoin of some early 1957 265's that were an ugly yellow/green color. Also if the car is not going to be a concours restoration, go to the local paint supplier and look through the color charts until you find something close.

Kelly

#5 ·
The motor was not attached to a car, The serial number indicates it was originally produced and sold as a replacement motor in 1986. I bought it off the Internet having been bored & stroked. I've now got it in a '34 Reo Coupe. I've had an adaptor built to fit the transmission linkage into the tranny and want to match up the color. Your suggestion to try to visually match the color is probably what I'll have to do. Thanks anyway.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.