Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Engine just dies
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2004, 06:25 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Engine just dies

Just finished up installing some new Trickflow cylinder heads. They are now sitting atop a 350 with a TPI. THough I do not know the specifics of the cam, I know its fairly mild from its idle and powerband before the head swap.

It will start and run smooth, and then a little rough but for the most part smooth above 1000 rpm. Anything below 850 or so and the engine shuts off. I have checked for vacuum leaks and there are non. My vacuum guage shows 15 inches of vacuum which is pretty much where it was at before the head swap. Timing is set at 6 as this is a stock setting for a TPI. The comupter takes over after that. Fuel pressure seems great for it at 48 (I can adjust this and will to help out once things are set). If I take out the pcv and have the line open, it climbs in RPM's.

There is no backfiring or poping and like I said it seems to run great above 900-1000 RPM or so. Is it possible my cam is bigger than I thought and the new heads (which replaced stock junker heads) are causing the cam to act bigger? In drive it will die at anything less than 850RPM.

Any ideas?