Hot Rod Forum banner

engine mount question

1K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  pigjamelectric 
#1 ·
I read the archives about mounting an engine to a stand. I got the correct bolts and all. I just need to make double sure I'm doing this right.

I have to bolt the engine stand to the tranny holes, correct?

Thanks for the help.

Paul.

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
Usually the lower arms are attached to the lowest holes on the block flange...

the uppers spread at 45 degrees from vertical on each side, nearest hole up or down gets the bolts. Tighten carefully and make sure centering bolt/pin is in the center hub so engine doesn't roll over. Carefully and slowly lower jack, if everything is stable...get to work.

#8 ·
pigjamelectric said:
Why did I know this sounded too easy?

I bolted it on and let the engine down easy and I heard a crack, so I stopped and jacked it back up.

So, is this picture one for the " how not to mount your engine to a stand" books? Is there another way to spread the arms or is this ok?
A photo would be good if someone has a minute.

Sorry for the "rookie" stuff, but I do appreciate the help.
So what was the crack. And did you get it mounted yet?

Steve :welcome:

#9 ·
I finally got the motor mounted on the stand. I don't know what the crack was. Maybe is was a bolt slipping in the sleeve. Everything seems to be ok.

Thanks Steve,Pasadenahotrod, and MI2600 for the help. You can consider yourselves having had a hand in helping me build my truck. :thumbup:

Paul.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.